PHP Diversity

Все, что вы хотели знать о программизме, но боялись спросить.
Ответить
mikei
Графоман

PHP Diversity

Сообщение mikei »

php Central Europe Conference Canceled Due to Lack of Speaker Diversity

phpCE, a central European PHP conference that was previously scheduled for October 4-6, has been cancelled due to a public fiasco resulting from a lack of gender diversity in the speaker lineup. The event, previously known as PHPCon Poland, was set to be held in Dresden, Germany, after the concept changed last year to rotate host cities and include a larger region of the PHP community.

After phpCE had boasted a “rich and diverse lineup,” the published schedule was criticized for including zero women, while several speakers were given two sessions apiece. The 2018 event had a similar lack of diversity among speakers. CFP Land founder Karl Hughes’ tweet precipitated a flood of critical feedback.
https://wptavern.com/php-central-europe ... -diversity
:shock:
“It wasn’t an easy decision to make, because I do enjoy sharing my coding passion; but having advocated for diversity at PHP developer conferences for the last several years, I have to follow my beliefs that diversity should be a cornerstone of the PHP developer community,” Baker said. “Diversity matters more to me than speaking.”
Но самое непонятное. Почему они только 2 гендера имеет ввиду для дайверсити?
Ответить